The farm was originally part of the ecclesiastical estates tied to Coverham Abbey. At the beginning of the Twentieth Century, the farm was owned by the Reverend Thomas Copley, vicar of Seaham, and the Marquess of Londonderry.
Ramsey Davidson arrived at the farm in the late 1800s and worked as a farm labourer for the then tenant, James Trotter. Ramsey Davidson subsequently married James Trotter's daughter, Marie Annie, in 1898 and purchased the farm in 1921.
Since then, the farm has remained under the ownership of the Davidsons and is now managed by the fourth generation of the family. In addition to growing commercial cereal crops, today's farming business has diversified into: